The footer, which appears at the bottom of every page, contains four areas, three of which are customizable (see demo). From left to right:
- The first (leftmost) area has the congregation’s address and contact information, with a link to directions.
- In the demo site, the second area has a picture and short bio of the congregation’s minister. This can easily be something else.
- In the demo site, the third area contains is a newsletter subscription sign up. This can easily be something else. See our guidance on the News pages to ensure that your site is set up in accordance with your newsletter and privacy policies.
- The fourth (rightmost) area has the UUA’s logo with a link to UUA.org, plus the Welcoming Congregation graphics (for recognized Welcoming Congregations) and Green Sanctuary graphics (for recognized Green Sanctuaries.)
Below that, at the very bottom of the page, is the Footer Menu, a small row of text links.
To customize your footer, log in to your site as an administrator. Follow the steps below to change each of these areas.
First, Section, and Third Sections
Choose Widgets > Footer 1, Widgets > Footer 2, and Widgets > Footer 3 to choose what appears in the left three quarters of the footer.
Fourth Section: Logos
- Choose Appearance > Customize form the Dashboard.
- Choose Footer Options to update the URLs that the LGBTQ Welcoming Congregation and Green Sanctuary logos link to. Choose URLs that go to your own Welcoming Congregation and Green Sancturary pages. If you are not a Welcoming Congregation, or if you are not a Green Sanctuary, leave the links blank. In that case, the logos will not display.
- Choose Menus > Footer Menu to customize the links that appear at the bottom of your page. You can customize the titles and the URLs.
Follow the instructions above to display the edit page for this menu.
Remove the custom links that came with the demo content, if they are there. Click the link in the Menu Structure list and click the Remove link.
Add links to your own pages by locating each page in the Pages list, clicking its checkbox, and clicking “Add to Menu”.
To add a link to the login page, add a custom link and enter the URL like
http://yoursiteurl.com/wp-admin (replacing “yoursiteurl.com” with your congregation’s web address).