Once you’ve decided you want to implement the UUA WordPress theme for congregational websites, follow these steps:
- Gather information and make sure you’ve got the know-how: check out What You Need to Know.
- If your congregation already uses WordPress for its website, read Using the UUA Theme with an Existing WordPress Site.
- Set up a staging environment for your new site on a web server. (You don’t want to do the setup live on your site!) This guide from WPBeginner.com tells you how to set up such an environment.
- Download and install WordPress on to your staging environment.
- Do these First WordPress Implementation Tasks.
- Set up user accounts for the people who will be maintaining your new site.
- Follow these detailed instructions to upload and activate the UUA WordPress Theme.
- Follow these detailed Next Steps After Activating the UUA Theme.
- After that, set up your menus according to these instructions.
- Once they’re set up, you can add content from the Theme Demo Site.
- Your next task is to build and maintain your website content – an ongoing project!
See how it happens! Watch Christopher Wulff demonstrate creating a website with the Theme in this November 21st, 2015 recorded webinar.