Each service is stored as a separate page. You create these Service pages and they remain on your website as a record of your worship services.
Displaying Lists of Services
The different UUA Service plugin widgets display information from these pages using several widgets and shortcodes. Here’s where services are displayed on the demo site.
- Future services are displayed on the Worship > Upcoming Services page (using the “
[upcoming-services]” shortcode in the text of the page).
- The next upcoming service is displayed on the homepage (using the UUA Upcoming Service List Widget in the Home 2 box, which you set on the Appearance > Widgets page). It also appears in the righthand sidebar of most pages (using the same widget in the Primary Sidebar box on the Appearance > Widgets page).
- Past services are listed on the Worship > Past Worship Services page (using the “
[service-archive]” shortcode in the text of the page.
Creating a Service Page
To create a page about a worship service, choose Services > Add New from the Dashboard. (Or choose +New > Service from the menu at the top of every page.) Either way, you see an Add New Service edit page, where you enter:
- Title: Be consistent. Standardize on a format like “Title – Date” or “Date – Title”, like “March 6, 2016 – Canvass Sunday”.
- Text of the service.
- Set the date of the service in the righthand Publish box. Click the Edit link next to “Publish Immediately” and enter the date of the service, whether it’s in the future or in the past.
- Choose one or more speakers in the box in the righthand column
- Under Service topics, check one or more topics that will enabled you to display listings of services by topic.
- Don’t bother setting the Featured Image, because it doesn’t appear on Services pages.
- If you want comments on the service, check the Allow comments checkbox.
Click the Publish or Update button to save.
You can enter only one time for the service.
The name of the speaker appears on listings but not on the actual service page.
The featured image doesn’t appear on the page.